first off – what’s my bag?
I get asked all the time what I use as a camera bag, and the answer is: tons of bags! That’s because I have the super awesome camera bag insert from Porteen Gear that transforms any bag into a camera bag. With it, I can pack my camera body and two lenses in just about any bag.
For this trip I am bringing one of my Coofit faux leather backpacks because of it’s size, low-profile shape, and weatherproof material.
Disclaimer: This backpack was provided to me by Coofit but all of my opinions are my own.
what’s in my bag?
- Camera – One of my trusty Nikon D750’s (I have two bodies now).
- Lenses – My go-to 50mm 1.8 lens for all thing portrait, plus my 24-70mm 2.8 lens for more environment shots of Pittsburgh.
- iPad – I do the majority of my editing these days on my iPad with Lightroom Mobile, so easy and convenient when traveling!
- SD Card Reader – How I transfer images from SD cards to my iPad to edit (also, I’m bringing lots of SD cards!)
- Extra Batteries + Portable Charger – There’s something worse than your battery dying in a middle of a shoot or your phone dying when you’re trying to navigate a new city. I always make sure to pack extra camera batteries, plus a portable charger that can charge both my phone AND my camera batteries!
- Bluetooth Earbuds – Speaking of charging your phone, ever since I switched to the iPhone 8+, my biggest pet peeve has been that I can’t listen to music/podcasts AND charge your phone. An easy solution? These bluetooth earbuds from Sudio. More to come on these in a future blog post!
Disclaimer: These earbuds was provided to me by Sudio but all of my opinions are my own.
what’s not in my bag?
- Laptop – While I love using Photoshop to edit, I’m leaving my laptop at home and opting to just edit on my iPad with Lightroom. I talk more about my mobile editing process in this post.
- More than Two Lenses – Honestly I thought about just bringing my 50mm 1.8 with me, but decided to also bring the 24-70mm to capture wider shots of Pittsburgh. Based on the content I would be shooting, I knew I wouldn’t need a telephoto lens, which alleviates a lot of space and weight from my camera bag.
Do you prefer to pack light or to maximize your packing? Let me know down below!
Thanks for reading,